Re: GRANDSTAND: CRAWLEY

I was actually astonished at how ‘anti football’ Crawley were. What they did succeed in was dragging us down to their level. In league two it’s very difficult to play the ball out from the back when it’s being hoofed in the air at you.
Day’s mistake was a shocker and gave them the believe that they could get something. Given the way the 7 and some others were behaving I honestly think they’d have given up if we hadn’t conceded first 10mins if the second half.
Flynn’s decision to put that Reid on the right of midfield was very poor. Is he meant to be a midfielder?

Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:Great first half and good to have Sheehan. 2nd half dreadful, the sit back and invite teams to score doesnt really work all the time, lucky that under Kewell, Crawley are a poor side.
Think it never ever works let alone all the time.
One thing I do not understand about Flynny and the team
If we had a bit of luck we would of been 4 up after 45 and maybe 6 or 7 if they kept that up by the end.
Should be doing a Luton just look at their goal difference.
The odd **** up (Joe) last night wouldn't matter then.

Catford Richard wrote:I was actually astonished at how ‘anti football’ Crawley were. What they did succeed in was dragging us down to their level. In league two it’s very difficult to play the ball out from the back when it’s being hoofed in the air at you.
Day’s mistake was a shocker and gave them the believe that they could get something. Given the way the 7 and some others were behaving I honestly think they’d have given up if we hadn’t conceded first 10mins if the second half.
Flynn’s decision to put that Reid on the right of midfield was very poor. Is he meant to be a midfielder?
No idea what he was trying to do.
Just looked totally lost.
Thought he was a wing back.

Harps62 wrote:
Catford Richard wrote:I was actually astonished at how ‘anti football’ Crawley were. What they did succeed in was dragging us down to their level. In league two it’s very difficult to play the ball out from the back when it’s being hoofed in the air at you.
No idea what he was trying to do.
Just looked totally lost.
Thought he was a wing back.
Never a midfielder - just a body he threw into the middle.

Percy plunkett wrote:The problem was no midfielder on the bench to replace Sheehan.Where was TOE and Rigg is being pushed out.
Bit of a problem there.
Think TOE should of been on the bench as Flynny must of known Sheehan would tire in the second half.
Daft thing is Rigg would of been ideal.

Harps62 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:The problem was no midfielder on the bench to replace Sheehan.Where was TOE and Rigg is being pushed out.
Bit of a problem there.
Think TOE should of been on the bench as Flynny must of known Sheehan would tire in the second half.
Daft thing is Rigg would of been ideal.
Rigg just simply isn't good enough at this level. He might run and run but he constantly gives the ball away and creates very little. He's not a League 2 footballer IMO and certainly not the quality of players we need to progress the club. Makes me laugh when people say they prefer Rigg over Wilmott. Wilmott is far from perfect but he's a much better overall player than Rigg.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Great three points

Ok Day was at fault but will give him that one and in fairness pulled of a top draw save but he really needs to work on his footwork

I would have taken Frank off earlier he looked bolloxed
Frank always looks tired second half but MF is reluctant to sub him.Now Hayes is available I hope he does it regular.

Percy plunkett wrote:

Ok Day was at fault but will give him that one and in fairness pulled of a top draw save but he really needs to work on his footwork

Frank always looks tired second half but MF is reluctant to sub him.Now Hayes is available I hope he does it regular.
I would have taken him off when Shawn came on

Trouble is the great save came about when he punched instead of caught.

Ugo. wrote:

Trouble is the great save came about when he punched instead of caught.
True but thats what most keepers do these days