Re: Should we rest players for Morecambe game?

ref23 wrote:
somertonteen wrote:
Amberexile wrote:18/1 with the bookies, 15/2 the draw. Long odds in a 2 horse race but Spurs could still do a Devon Loch.
That's a 3 horse race. 18-1, 15-2 and 2-11.
I might have a little flutter on the draw. I don't think it would really be that surprising if we drew with Spurs' youth team on a boggy L2 pitch.
I agree 15-2 is very generous looking for a draw. A small flutter for me too, with a trip to Wembley thrown in with the winnings! :grin:

George Street-Bridge wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Having seen the Spurs side today (missing Lloris and Eriksen through illness, Alderweireld through injury and having Aurier go off injured late on) I expect them to start something like the following XI next week:

Vorm;
Trippier, Vertonghen, Foyth, Walker-Peters;
Wanyama, Dembele;
Lamela; Eriksen; Sissoko
Llorente

They might even start Gazzaniga in goal, who has plenty of L1 experience with Gillingham and a bit of Prem time with Southampton but has only had one game for Spurs this season.

As others have said, most of their players would walk into the County team, and indeed most Championship sides. Not sure about Foyth and Walker-Peters' quality, but they played against AFC Wimbledon so Pochettino thinks they're good enough. They might switch Dier, Alli or Kane in but probably won't risk them, though they're not massively deep in that position and Wanyama needs games (we can stand off him and wait for him to give it back to us :lol: ). Hoping Alderweireld remains out tbh, not sure when he's meant to be back.
There's speculation Alderweireld might return against us, but would you risk him coming back from a longish injury on a less than perfect surface? I'd never heard of Foyth, but he's an Argentine U20 international and Walker-Peters helped England win the U20 World Cup.

Aurier looks a relatively weak link, tends to hesitate in good positions, and he's an Africa Cup of Nations winner! :shock:
I think Trippier is miles better than Aurier, but one was signed from Burnley and one from PSG and they seem to be treated by status. Both Aurier and Sanchez were awful against Saints yesterday.

ref23 wrote:
somertonteen wrote:
Amberexile wrote:18/1 with the bookies, 15/2 the draw. Long odds in a 2 horse race but Spurs could still do a Devon Loch.
That's a 3 horse race. 18-1, 15-2 and 2-11.
I might have a little flutter on the draw. I don't think it would really be that surprising if we drew with Spurs' youth team on a boggy L2 pitch.
I doubt if it will be Spurs' youth team but expect quite a few changes from yesterday's line up.

Blackandamber wrote: I doubt if it will be Spurs' youth team but expect quite a few changes from yesterday's line up.
Having looked at their squad and currently available players they're actually quite shallow in depth in a few positions - Walker-Peters debuted at right back this season but looks likely to cover left back as he did against AFC Wimbledon, and Winks being injured means after bringing Wanyama and Lamela in, they're going to have to pick some of the starters from yesterday in midfield. They'll change 5 or 6 players, not as many as when they played AFC Wimbledon because they're already picking some backups in the first team at the moment.