Re: Spurs Ticket News

Harps62 wrote:It doesn't cost a fortune to put some sheeting on the top.
Easily resolved.
We can all be smug after we have our tickets nice and cosy under cover.
Sod the rest.
Love the attitude of some on here.
ps They have got no choice by the way.
As someone who will be hoping for a clear sky for Spurs I can honestly say I feel sorry for those who'll end up without a ticket. I'd take being soaked watching us play Spurs over sitting at home, in the warm, watching it on TV.

Judging by the response when one of the volunteers said there was only North Terrace tickets left, I'm sure plenty thought along a similar line to me.

Easily resolved.
Sod the rest.

Tbh with you I don't think it'd be a case of just shoving some sheeting on top. I bet it'll cost quite a bit.
Besides, nobody has seemingly given a shite about those who are on the NT every week...

Exile 1976 wrote:
Easily resolved.
Sod the rest.

Tbh with you I don't think it'd be a case of just shoving some sheeting on top. I bet it'll cost quite a bit.
Besides, nobody has seemingly given a shite about those who are on the NT every week...
It’s a perfect ground for ducks, you can get wet in the wind and rain back to about row G in the Bisley :shock: , the roof there is virtually useless except to channel footballs to the undeserving on Corpa Rd - it’s a wonder someone hasn’t opened a sports outlet there :grin:

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:Possibly because a cut off number for priority one had to be calculated on the basis that all season ticket holders would buy two and (non season) trust members, one ticket. Until that take up is known (after Friday sales) there is no guarantee of a ticket. Priority two will buy the spares from the first two days, which was bound to be an unknown quantity when Crawley tickets were sold.
Hope that makes some sense!
No sense at all.

Every person who is entitled to tickets as shareholders, members or season ticket holders have their tickets prior to the Crawley game. All that is now being done is distinguishing between those who bought and went to the Crawley game before last Tuesday and those who bought tickets later.

Really pleased that the club are scanning tickets. However my view is that with the priority tickets somebody over thought the problem.
Sorry about that, Stan!

As you say, every season ticket/trust member had their Spurs ticket (if they needed one), before the Crawley game, however, they didn't have them before the Crawley tickets went on sale. So they could only offer a guarantee based on the assumption that everyone took up their entitlement. Let's say 1300 seasons (2600 tickets) and 2500 trust members. So that gives a finite number available for 'others'. When Crawley sales were approaching that number, they introduced the PR2 option. This was to avoid the notion that every Crawley ticket was a guarantee of a Spurs ticket. A very sensible decision. Hopefully everyone who went to the Crawley game on a PR2 will be successful.
Exactly, there are rumours of only 400 tickets left and there will be more than that left with priority 2 tickets.

Hi all. is it true that the Dragons management refused Countys requests to have food and drink vans for the people queuing?

if so thats poor show from the dragons directors. maybe they are jealous that we are getting better crowds than there shower of shite club

Jimmy Exile wrote:Hi all. is it true that the Dragons management refused Countys requests to have food and drink vans for the people queuing?

if so thats poor show from the dragons directors. maybe they are jealous that we are getting better crowds than there shower of shite club

No.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Jimmy Exile wrote:Hi all. is it true that the Dragons management refused Countys requests to have food and drink vans for the people queuing?

No.
People had to put tenders in for the catering rights at RP so I’m guessing that the company that has that contract would either have the right to provide facilities or at least first choice

Harps62 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Absolutely no point going to the extra expense of putting a roof on a temporary stand installed as a one-off revenue-raiser.

Unless we beat Spurs, of course...
Of course let them all get soaked.
Money far more important and we wouldn't want to see them again would we.
Just hope the weather will be okay.
We slam FGR for doing that to us then you think its okay to do it to our own fans.
Happy Days

Can you really not see the difference between this and FGR? Sheesh.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Harps62 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Absolutely no point going to the extra expense of putting a roof on a temporary stand installed as a one-off revenue-raiser.

Unless we beat Spurs, of course...
Of course let them all get soaked.
Money far more important and we wouldn't want to see them again would we.
Just hope the weather will be okay.
We slam FGR for doing that to us then you think its okay to do it to our own fans.
Happy Days

No cause he's thick

daftasfxxx wrote:

No cause he's thick[/quote]

Exactly. Forest Green Rovers are letting opposition fans get a soaking if it rains, we're letting our fans get a soaking if it rains. :(

Spot on Stan
Get accused of being rude but for sure it's hard not to say something to a few on here
Thick what a laugh that is
Happy days

So let's go to the enormous effort and expense of putting up a stand similar to the one at the other end, getting it licensed, pricing tickets to fit the overall model, and then spend extra on it which at best takes a bite out of any profit. Not to mention financial risk, in the event of a postponement.

And given the prevailing wind, if it does rain there's more than an even chance you'd get soaked anyway. Cheltenham home game, anyone?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:

No cause he's thick
Exactly. Forest Green Rovers are letting opposition fans get a soaking if it rains, we're letting our fans get a soaking if it rains. :([/quote]

Wrong , FGR have 3 covered ends and they choose to let the away support stand in the open.

They could give a covered end to an away team and still have all their home supporters in the dry.

Big difference