Re: Spurs Ticket News

lowandhard wrote:....am seeing stuff on Facebook of people being turned away as their Crawley tickets were unused , they obviously never read the small print
That must be awful after queuing for hours in the rain, even if it was their fault .

Let's hope it's a good game with Spurs, after the hardship of getting tickets, and I hope both sides put out strong starting X1s.

lowandhard wrote:....am seeing stuff on Facebook of people being turned away as their Crawley tickets were unused , they obviously never read the small print
That is good news. If the tickets are being scanned then the losers are the touts. Along sadly with people who only wanted to see the Spurs game.

Can someone please explain if it is possible why priority 2 tickets were issued. Surely those fans who attended on Friday who bought tickets and saw the game deserve equal treatment regardless of when they bought the tickets?

Blackandamber wrote:
That must be awful after queuing for hours in the rain, even if it was their fault .

Let's hope it's a good game with Spurs, after the hardship of getting tickets, and I hope both sides put out strong starting X1s.
Couldn't they have got someone to walk back along the queue, asking everyone whether their tickets had been properly validated?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
That is good news. If the tickets are being scanned then the losers are the touts. Along sadly with people who only wanted to see the Spurs game.

Can someone please explain if it is possible why priority 2 tickets were issued. Surely those fans who attended on Friday who bought tickets and saw the game deserve equal treatment regardless of when they bought the tickets?
Hi Stan,

My best guess is that the club did it in order to avoid complete chaos (i.e. worse than that of today).

By putting a line in the sand they were able to both;

a) Make guarantees to a lot of supporters, and
b) Manage the workload of our very small ticket office a little better than may otherwise had been the case.

Could you imagine 6,000 people turning up at Rodney Parade this morning looking for tickets? I would imagine arguing, fighting, and general unpleasantness would have ensued.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:

Couldn't they have got someone to walk back along the queue, asking everyone whether their tickets had been properly validated?
They did.

Possibly because a cut off number for priority one had to be calculated on the basis that all season ticket holders would buy two and (non season) trust members, one ticket. Until that take up is known (after Friday sales) there is no guarantee of a ticket. Priority two will buy the spares from the first two days, which was bound to be an unknown quantity when Crawley tickets were sold.
Hope that makes some sense!

Hope they had all 4 booths open today.
On Friday it was just 2 with a third for queries.
As nobody was querying anything I asked the volunteer would it not make sense to sell tickets rather than have a girl just sitting looking out of the window.
Sense prevailed and we got through very quickly albeit all the tidy Hazel seats had gone Thursday.
Without doubt the easiest time to get your tickets this week

excessbee wrote:Possibly because a cut off number for priority one had to be calculated on the basis that all season ticket holders would buy two and (non season) trust members, one ticket. Until that take up is known (after Friday sales) there is no guarantee of a ticket. Priority two will buy the spares from the first two days, which was bound to be an unknown quantity when Crawley tickets were sold.
Yes and I thought the club thought well on their feet when they saw the demand for Crawley tickets. Praise where it is due and sounds like they have had the strength to implement the lack of entitlement with unendorsed tickets policy. Must have wound up some touts :grin:

excessbee wrote:Possibly because a cut off number for priority one had to be calculated on the basis that all season ticket holders would buy two and (non season) trust members, one ticket. Until that take up is known (after Friday sales) there is no guarantee of a ticket. Priority two will buy the spares from the first two days, which was bound to be an unknown quantity when Crawley tickets were sold.
No sense at all.

Every person who is entitled to tickets as shareholders, members or season ticket holders have their tickets prior to the Crawley game. All that is now being done is distinguishing between those who bought and went to the Crawley game before last Tuesday and those who bought tickets later.

Really pleased that the club are scanning tickets. However my view is that with the priority tickets somebody over thought the problem.

Harps62 wrote:It doesn't cost a fortune to put some sheeting on the top.
Easily resolved.
We can all be smug after we have our tickets nice and cosy under cover.
Sod the rest.
Love the attitude of some on here.
ps They have got no choice by the way.
Yes they do have a choice, nobody is forcing anybody to do anything, why do you class anyone having a different opinion to you as to having an attitude
Come to think of it , how do you know it wouldn't cost a fortune or that it was even possible giving the little amount of time and safety issues?
Last edited by daftasfxxx on January 21st, 2018, 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Crawley tickets were initially marketed as carrying a promise of a Spurs ticket. It became evident that the demand for tickets was likely to exceed the supply of Spurs tickets unless something was done. So the promise was withdrawn for future sales. Without that action we would be in serious trouble now, having promised hundreds or even thousands of Spurs tickets that we couldn't supply. Someone at the club did well to spot the developing problem and find a solution.

G Guest wrote:Crawley tickets were initially marketed as carrying a promise of a Spurs ticket. It became evident that the demand for tickets was likely to exceed the supply of Spurs tickets unless something was done. So the promise was withdrawn for future sales. Without that action we would be in serious trouble now, having promised hundreds or even thousands of Spurs tickets that we couldn't supply. Someone at the club did well to spot the developing problem and find a solution.
Exactly that, it must have been a shock to see people asking for 20 and 40 tickets at a time, hence the endorsement policy

lowandhard wrote:
G Guest wrote:Crawley tickets were initially marketed as carrying a promise of a Spurs ticket. It became evident that the demand for tickets was likely to exceed the supply of Spurs tickets unless something was done. So the promise was withdrawn for future sales. Without that action we would be in serious trouble now, having promised hundreds or even thousands of Spurs tickets that we couldn't supply. Someone at the club did well to spot the developing problem and find a solution.
Exactly that, it must have been a shock to see people asking for 20 and 40 tickets at a time, hence the endorsement policy
I agree. The scanning was a superb response. I said so at the time. I just don't understand the priority idea. No problem with it in the sense I am sure it was done with the best of intentions but as I say in my opinion it was over thought.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
No sense at all.

Every person who is entitled to tickets as shareholders, members or season ticket holders have their tickets prior to the Crawley game. All that is now being done is distinguishing between those who bought and went to the Crawley game before last Tuesday and those who bought tickets later.

Really pleased that the club are scanning tickets. However my view is that with the priority tickets somebody over thought the problem.
Sorry about that, Stan!

As you say, every season ticket/trust member had their Spurs ticket (if they needed one), before the Crawley game, however, they didn't have them before the Crawley tickets went on sale. So they could only offer a guarantee based on the assumption that everyone took up their entitlement. Let's say 1300 seasons (2600 tickets) and 2500 trust members. So that gives a finite number available for 'others'. When Crawley sales were approaching that number, they introduced the PR2 option. This was to avoid the notion that every Crawley ticket was a guarantee of a Spurs ticket. A very sensible decision. Hopefully everyone who went to the Crawley game on a PR2 will be successful.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Absolutely no point going to the extra expense of putting a roof on a temporary stand installed as a one-off revenue-raiser.

Unless we beat Spurs, of course...
A problem of using the stands again could be that the temporary stands become a permanent stands as far as the FA are concerned.

What I'm hoping here is that Spurs politically refused to share the costs of erecting the temporary stands with us. If they were kind enough to do that, it means that we can keep all of the revenue generated from the stands (i.e. not include the stands in the calculation of their 45% of net revenue).

If we use the stand again, it becomes a permanent stand and we are forced to share the revenue by the FA.

I suppose we could always take them down and put them back up again though,