Re: Spurs Ticket News

TBH comparing a club allocating 2 rows in a block for away fans to our set up is borderline ridiculous and so is suggesting we waste money on a roof on a temporary stand for one game.
How about we start a campaign to extend the bisley roof to stop the poor buggers in the first eight rows getting wet or one for the hazell terrace open corner, nobody's harping on about them

Jimmy Exile wrote:Hi all. is it true that the Dragons management refused Countys requests to have food and drink vans for the people queuing?

if so thats poor show from the dragons directors. maybe they are jealous that we are getting better crowds than there shower of shite club
Pathetic comment.

The Bisley Stand roof cannot be extended because it would overhang the pitch. I think that this stand is the worst designed I have ever seen. It represents a shocking waste of an opportunity to build something worthwhile and the cost was instrumental in bringing Newport RFC to their knees into the bargain.

George Street-Bridge wrote:So let's go to the enormous effort and expense of putting up a stand similar to the one at the other end, getting it licensed, pricing tickets to fit the overall model, and then spend extra on it which at best takes a bite out of any profit. Not to mention financial risk, in the event of a postponement.

And given the prevailing wind, if it does rain there's more than an even chance you'd get soaked anyway. Cheltenham home game, anyone?
Once again you are being ridiculous.
You clearly did not open the photo earlier in the text showing a typical scaffolded stand with a simple sheet roof on it at very little extra expense.
Sarcasm doesn't work either ref the bar, pricing and a postponement whereby the stand would still be there for the replay of course.
Umbrellas anyone. :wink:

Spiderman wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:

Can you really not see the difference between this and FGR? Sheesh.
No cause he's thick
Exactly. Forest Green Rovers are letting opposition fans get a soaking if it rains, we're letting our fans get a soaking if it rains. :(

Wrong , FGR have 3 covered ends and they choose to let the away support stand in the open.

They could give a covered end to an away team and still have all their home supporters in the dry.

Big difference[/quote]
Wrong again
They don't give us any choice.
Totally happy for us all to get soaked.

Harps62 wrote: Wrong again
They don't give us any choice.
Totally happy for us all to get soaked.
Isn't that exactly the point here.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
G Guest wrote:Crawley tickets were initially marketed as carrying a promise of a Spurs ticket. It became evident that the demand for tickets was likely to exceed the supply of Spurs tickets unless something was done. So the promise was withdrawn for future sales. Without that action we would be in serious trouble now, having promised hundreds or even thousands of Spurs tickets that we couldn't supply. Someone at the club did well to spot the developing problem and find a solution.
Exactly that, it must have been a shock to see people asking for 20 and 40 tickets at a time, hence the endorsement policy
I agree. The scanning was a superb response. I said so at the time. I just don't understand the priority idea. No problem with it in the sense I am sure it was done with the best of intentions but as I say in my opinion it was over thought.
If the club had not implemented the priority idea, then at some point today it is likely the shutters would have gone down with a sold out sign and hundreds of poor buggers who had been 'guaranteed' a ticket and queued for hours in the rain would have been rather upset. How is that over thought? I would say top marks to whoever in the club thought of it.

I didn't want to spend 4 hours in the pouring rain... but nobody put a gun to my head.
I do wish they had used the corridors to have us all under cover... but I'm sure there are reasons why that couldn't happen.
I do wish I had my usual Hazel block A seats.... but again that was in my own hands to make happen.
I do wish the temp stand was undercover ... but I have a ticket , I will be there , and after my all weather training today, im sure a lil rain won't kill me!.
We all have opinions, and maybe we should all respect eachothers opinions and remember we share the same passion for this club.... and get on with getting excited :-) .

Any decision that inserts an extra level of security into the distribution of tickets cannot be anything but a good move. Let's not forget that those overseeing the arrangements are new to this level of demand versus capacity for a Newport match.

Lots of weirdness here - not sure why Stan thought the PR1/2 cut-off was Tuesday, it was a week last Thursday when they introduced the idea of PR2. I was critical of it at first but it's evident that it was entirely necessary given the circumstances and volumes of sales.

I also have some doubts that "only 600 left" will prove to be accurate as there will be wastage of the maximum take-up at every stage, including the weather and people's situations changing between gettting PR2 and turning up today - especially given the size of the queues and likelihood of many PR2 people having mates with STs and a spare ticket. We'll know how many there are before Tuesday though as noted, seems unlikely that the club would have guillotined PR1 AFTER the potential capacity had been exceeded!

Also strange, the temp roof idea - no reason to pay extra for that.

Incidentally if there's anyone on here with a North Terrace (seating) ticket, how many rows were there? I saw someone say "Row Z" but there's always AA, BB etc. so is Row Z the back row and does that mean the temp seating is 26 rows deep?

Sooty wrote:These are unreserved seats sit where you want
Can't say I'm surprised, it would have taken a lot of planning to know how many seats AND what they were all called and add that to the seating plan on the system, etc.