Re: Players needed.

Two full backs and two strikers away from a promotion chasing side for me.

We don't necessary need two strikers in the window we just need up find a partnership with what we got or with Hayes when he starts.

In regards to full backs with the way we play in midfield we need more creativity from the full back positions. How many assists do butler and pipe have between them today?

Ugo. wrote:
rodneyboy wrote:I think that the 4 players needed in the January window are 2 midfielders a target man and a left back.What are your thoughts guys?
I thought it had already been reported we were after a right back?
Think I must have missed the report about the right back Ugo.

Judging by what Flynn said in his post-match interview yesterday, it sounds like he has a couple of players already signed up and we are just waiting on the FAs to get back to work for the club to be able to announce them. Beyond that, he seems frustrated at a lack of answers from the board on other targets he wants to pursue.

Maybe the outcome of the Leeds match is a factor in that and while it is unlikely that there are many players out there that would improve our first eleven while not being cup tied, we could do without missing out on players by delaying.

Not sure about the obsession with new FBs. Pipe and Butler have been true and L2 level performers.

It's glaringly obvious that our midfield is the weak link. Without Labs we are awful. Dolan and Tozer are so slow it's not funny and seem to migrate back towards our own area after about 50 minutes of any game - in all honesty should they be playing in the same side? WIlmott is not of L2 quality and really has no place in whatever system we are trying to play.

Would love to see Mark Byrne back and we need to decide what pairing is our best up top.

Still think McGoalski is an impact player and needs to come off the bench. Noobs is still messing with my mind. His refusal to even jog back onside on Saturday sums him up. He is an enigma but the unorthodox nature of his play is a strength. He needs to score more (Obvious I know!) to demand a starting place in the side I think.

I'd like to see more of Reynolds but I fear it's going to be a lot of splinters for him for the rest of the year!

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:
Amberexile wrote:FGR are bottom of the league. Doidge has scored 17 goals this season. No chance they will sell him to us in this window.
They’ll probably spend loads in the window and stay up anyway
Agreed, but they still won't sell Doidge to us in this window. I doubt we would even enquire,