Re: Are we promotion candidates

Alan G Bryant wrote:You have to love our supporters, 64 replies on a thread titled are we promotion candidates just 3 league games after a thread called relegation dogfight.
37.5% of the teams in League 2 will be promoted, make the playoffs or be relegated. A poster asked the question could we get dragged into a relegation dogfight? The overwhelming majority thought not. A few weeks later another supporter asked whether we might get promoted. The overwhelming majority seem to think the answer to that is unlikely but not impossible.

Even these both quiet reasonable questions seem to inspire Big Al to his usual sarcastic response. Sorry Al much as it seems to distress you I and quite a few others will discuss, argue and even rage about anything we like.

And if you don't like it, tough titty.

Alan G Bryant wrote:You have to love our supporters, 64 replies on a thread titled are we promotion candidates just 3 league games after a thread called relegation dogfight.
What the hell are you on about now.
Stick to being on the Board, Keyboard warrior or continue passing on the required info from the same..
You appeared from nowhere, never comment on anything relating to the boys on the field, do not appear to ever watch the lads but you come on here knocking every slight bit of critiscm made by other contributors.
Go back to your previous aliases. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unbelievable.

Harps62 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Bit sensitive tonight chaps aren't we. Perhaps I should have put an LOL for your benefit so you could understand the context.
Just try making a rational comment on the team rather than only "off the field subjects".
Problem is you cannot can you.

I think you took my initial post the wrong way. If you take away the passion from the fans, misguided as it is sometimes, there is nothing. The mass hysteria after the Barnet game has been replaced by jubilation and talk of promotion after the Cambridge game. Arguably , we played worse against Cambridge and words like fitness , tactics and bottle have been replaced by fitness (ironically enough) resilience and mental strength after a lucky last minute winner. My view is Flynn is correct in not getting to despondent after a defeat or get too excited after a win. It is a very tough league and we are in a good place.

Corpaboy wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Lincoln took 278 to Yeovil last week so would anticipate about the same to us.
That's disappointing !
They've had some good away crowds this season haven't they ? Or have they all been mainly "local" games for them , with no real travelling involved ?
Think they've taken huge followings to places like Grimsby and Notts County which are fairly nearby. I'd be very surprised if they bring more than 300 to Newport 2 days before Christmas. Even 300 would be a great showing i would say.