Re: Are we promotion candidates

newgroundrodney wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I think we're there or thereabouts, but I do expect us to hit the skids again at some point.
I reckon to be real contenders, we'd need to win the NEXT 3 on the bounce too, which makes 6 on the bounce in total..... a big ask, but that's what's needed to really be in with a shout.
I still think 12th on 66pts..... any better than that will be fantastic!
I can't see us not being within 5 points of the playoffs at worst based on the season so far, that would be somewhere between 69 and 66 points too. Can't see us being as low as 12th with 66 points just because 12th is currently 2 points off the log jam from 5th to 11th and that 2 point range covers ALL of those positions as things stand right now with Colchester in 12th just equalising.
...with 18 games to go, our last 18 games have yielded 25 pts. So if replicated we'll finish 11th on 70 pts, being 8 pts short of the Play-Offs (obviously that's not including today's games currently in progress)....this is why I feel we need another 3 on the bounce, to close that 8 pt gap
Using statistics like that would give you those answers, but not everyone will have the same run over the next 18 games as the last, therefore we will have 18 games to pull that back not 3. We are not 8 points adrift currently, we are 3 for third and 2 for play-offs.

As things stand we are out of the play-offs on goal difference

SJG99 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Think you got problems

30 goals in total from Lamar, Big Frank, Robbie, Marlon this season for us.
Bush wouldn't take the bet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tbf I do have three separate bets on County to be promoted at odds between 7/1 and 25/1 which will make me £1440 if we go up. That would be very helpful at the moment. :)
Hope you collect.

Harps62 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Think you got problems

30 goals in total from Lamar, Big Frank, Robbie, Marlon this season for us.
Bush wouldn't take the bet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tbf I do have three separate bets on County to be promoted at odds between 7/1 and 25/1 which will make me £1440 if we go up. That would be very helpful at the moment. :)
Hope you collect.
Don't we all? :)