Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Carlisle

Think we can all agree that was a painful watch. Amazingly up to sixth with Exeter and Salford losing.

A lot of criticism has been aimed at the managers tactics, yet I think equally if not more importantly is the players mindset.
MF has said recently that there is no pressure on them and it is more on the other teams challenging for a play off spot. It looks the complete opposite to me. County are going further and further away from the attitude they approached games at the beginning of the season when they were playing far more freely. Now I'm seeing an increasingly tentative side, bereft of confidence and belief. resorting more and more to 'hoofball. We've seen it before when we are challenging towards the top of the table.
The management team need to be working on the players mindsets as much as tactics. Without the former, being right the later is irrelevant.

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Carlisle

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Think we can all agree that was a painful watch. Amazingly up to sixth with Exeter and Salford losing.

A lot of criticism has been aimed at the managers tactics, yet I think equally if not more importantly is the players mindset.
MF has said recently that there is no pressure on them and it is more on the other teams challenging for a play off spot. It looks the complete opposite to me. County are going further and further away from the attitude they approached games at the beginning of the season when they were playing far more freely. Now I'm seeing an increasingly tentative side, bereft of confidence and belief. resorting more and more to 'hoofball. We've seen it before when we are challenging towards the top of the table.
The management team need to be working on the players mindsets as much as tactics. Without the former, being right the later is irrelevant.
According to the argus today , labadie said the players were going to go full throttle for the next two games!..