Flynn makes a Maltese cross

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Cwmbran

Flynn makes a Maltese cross

Postby Blackandamber » April 6th, 2021, 6:21 pm

no avatar
User

ajs

Re: Flynn makes a Maltese cross

Postby ajs » April 7th, 2021, 6:51 am

What a load of B-------. who is Flynn trying to kid.
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Cwmbran

Postby Blackandamber » April 7th, 2021, 9:44 am

ajs wrote:What a load of B-------. who is Flynn trying to kid.

I thought you were commenting on my joke :grin:
no avatar
User

County ranger

Postby County ranger » April 7th, 2021, 5:13 pm

Why don’t the reporters ask searching questions - why is he not playing - why are Baker and Evans being excluded.
I assume that Flynn would not allow them into future press conferences. I think his dictator type style is wearing thin on many both players and supporters.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » April 7th, 2021, 6:04 pm

The questions asked are manager friendly,they even answer the question for him.Many times Flynny starts his answer with Yeah.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » April 8th, 2021, 11:19 am

Seems very strange that Gambin can't get in the squad, has to be a personal thing with Flynny.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » April 8th, 2021, 11:36 am

Exile 1976 wrote:Seems very strange that Gambin can't get in the squad, has to be a personal thing with Flynny.

Seem to recall that Colchester's fan were saying the same thing and about their manager? Co-incidence?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » April 8th, 2021, 11:44 am

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Seems very strange that Gambin can't get in the squad, has to be a personal thing with Flynny.

Seem to recall that Colchester's fan were saying the same thing and about their manager? Co-incidence?

Sounds like he might be a bit of a wrong 'un?
no avatar
User

North London Exile

Hornsey Rise

Postby North London Exile » April 8th, 2021, 3:49 pm

How many international call ups did Mike Flynn get in his career?
no avatar
User

ajs

Postby ajs » April 8th, 2021, 4:04 pm

[County will announce their team at 5pm with Flynn ignoring those who are baffled by recent absence of Luke Gambin.

"I think you read too much Twitter and social media because there is nobody scrutinising my team selection here," said Flynn.

"Obviously players are disappointed when they are not playing or not involved, that's normal.

"But don't get sucked into the trolls]who have an opinion on everything and criticise the players who have been selected before a game."[/i]

The wage payers (Club supporters) of Flynn are in his opinion TROLLS, that's gratitude for you. Does Flynn publically blame his players? yes, is Flynn ever to blame? hasn't addmitted to it yet
no avatar
User

supporter

Postby supporter » April 8th, 2021, 5:54 pm

I agree Flynn should take the blame.

He should hold his hands up and just admit he's responsible for managing a team that currently sits 7th in the table with a great chance of promotion.

I would then expect him to cough to 2 excellent cup runs that brought in much needed unbudgetted revenue.

Hang your head in shame MF before you know it you might just have to own up to helping us get to league 1.

Ps well done on telling players exactly where they stand.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » April 8th, 2021, 6:13 pm

supporter wrote:I agree Flynn should take the blame.

He should hold his hands up and just admit he's responsible for managing a team that currently sits 7th in the table with a great chance of promotion.

I would then expect him to cough to 2 excellent cup runs that brought in much needed unbudgetted revenue.

Hang your head in shame MF before you know it you might just have to own up to helping us get to league 1.

Ps well done on telling players exactly where they stand.

I'm with you brother
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Cwmbran

Postby Blackandamber » April 8th, 2021, 7:30 pm

ajs wrote:[County will announce their team at 5pm with Flynn ignoring those who are baffled by recent absence of Luke Gambin.

"I think you read too much Twitter and social media because there is nobody scrutinising my team selection here," said Flynn.

"Obviously players are disappointed when they are not playing or not involved, that's normal.

"But don't get sucked into the trolls]who have an opinion on everything and criticise the players who have been selected before a game."[/i]

The wage payers (Club supporters) of Flynn are in his opinion TROLLS, that's gratitude for you. Does Flynn publically blame his players? yes, is Flynn ever to blame? hasn't addmitted to it yet

Flynn has admitted that it was his fault when the team has lost.
no avatar
User

Castle Exile

Postby Castle Exile » April 8th, 2021, 9:37 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Sounds like he might be a bit of a wrong 'un?

I'm told he's a really good lad and popular with the rest of the squad.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » April 8th, 2021, 10:33 pm

North London Exile wrote:How many international call ups did Mike Flynn get in his career?

I'm baffled as to the relevance of this remark on this topic. Haven't many successful managers who have no international call-ups allegedly 'fallen out' with players?
Next