Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 31st, 2020, 10:53 pm

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I have a nasty feeling that this Government is lying to us, and is in fact pursuing the 'herd mentality' theory (as many people get covid-19 as possible in the hope that most then get immune to getting it again), and doing this by stealth. The evidence which suggests this is happening -

1. Today, Gove claimed there were supply problems obtaining the chemicals needed for the test kits. Today, the UK industry association disputed this, saying they have supplies and could produce more, but haven't been asked to do so.

2. 2 weeks ago, BoJo stated there were enough tests to do 25,000 a day. Currently, they're testing around 8,000 a day. Those being tested seem to be the NHS staff (slowly, long overdue, I agree they must be tested), those in hospital with symptoms (again, I agree this is necessary) plus, it would seem, politicians, VIPs and royalty (can't say I agree they're a higher priority than OAPs living at home with underlying poor health).

3. Ventilators. It's quite clear the EU were happy to include the UK in their bulk-purchase but our esteemed Government decided we'd make our own. Several well-intended companies offering to make them but clearly asked a bit too late as supplies are being outstripped by demand.

4. We've got a partial lock-down, obeyed by some ignored by others, but hardly signs of a strong leadership. The rest of the world bar some US states ordered a full lock-down immediately.

5. Lack of PPE and basic equipment for our NHS staff. A truly world-class health service should ALWAYS have this kit, not merely try to source it in times of a crisis.

If this was happening in another part of the world and didn't affect the UK we'd be accusing their government of orchestrated genocide. If the above is remotely true then I can see full-scale riots and national disobedience in the near future.


My own view is that whilst your argument is well made I believe it is incompetence on the part of the Tory Government rather than genocide. Boris the Idiot couldn't organize a tea making rota in a workplace of one, let alone a mass cull of the UK population.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby UPTHEPORT » April 1st, 2020, 12:35 pm

Just had my test results back bearing in mind they did the test Saturday morning its ridiculous slow Boris had his results in 6hours go figure

Anyway its positive but I'm fine
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » April 1st, 2020, 1:11 pm

Excellent news UTP, hope you continue to stay healthy
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby Corpaboy » April 1st, 2020, 1:14 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Just had my test results back bearing in mind they did the test Saturday morning its ridiculous slow Boris had his results in 6hours go figure

Anyway its positive but I'm fine


Take it easy Jim .
Hope for a speedy recovery
UTC
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Location

Sheffield

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby Amberexile » April 1st, 2020, 2:21 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Just had my test results back bearing in mind they did the test Saturday morning its ridiculous slow Boris had his results in 6hours go figure

Anyway its positive but I'm fine


That's good news Jim (the I'm fine bit). I don't suppose they came to your house to do it for you like Johnson either?
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby UPTHEPORT » April 1st, 2020, 3:37 pm

Thanks all I'm doing fine back to work as well
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby UPTHEPORT » April 1st, 2020, 3:41 pm

I see Wimbledon now off as well it really is feckin everything up im going to miss my cricket as well love having Glamorgan on radio County championship great coverage from BBC as well with Nick Webb
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby UPTHEPORT » April 1st, 2020, 6:44 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/52124981

You could play cricket because you can keep social distancing where you can't in football
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Location

Cwmbran

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby Blackandamber » April 1st, 2020, 8:57 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/52124981

You could play cricket because you can keep social distancing where you can't in football


As long as the keeper always stands back, and you only have 2 slip and gully. Mind you it will be a bit difficult with a spinner being so close to the umpire for so long :lol:
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby lowandhard » April 3rd, 2020, 11:19 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Thanks all I'm doing fine back to work as well


Glad to hear you’re ok mate
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby lowandhard » April 3rd, 2020, 11:27 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I have a nasty feeling that this Government is lying to us, and is in fact pursuing the 'herd mentality' theory (as many people get covid-19 as possible in the hope that most then get immune to getting it again), and doing this by stealth. The evidence which suggests this is happening -

1. Today, Gove claimed there were supply problems obtaining the chemicals needed for the test kits. Today, the UK industry association disputed this, saying they have supplies and could produce more, but haven't been asked to do so.

2. 2 weeks ago, BoJo stated there were enough tests to do 25,000 a day. Currently, they're testing around 8,000 a day. Those being tested seem to be the NHS staff (slowly, long overdue, I agree they must be tested), those in hospital with symptoms (again, I agree this is necessary) plus, it would seem, politicians, VIPs and royalty (can't say I agree they're a higher priority than OAPs living at home with underlying poor health).

3. Ventilators. It's quite clear the EU were happy to include the UK in their bulk-purchase but our esteemed Government decided we'd make our own. Several well-intended companies offering to make them but clearly asked a bit too late as supplies are being outstripped by demand.

4. We've got a partial lock-down, obeyed by some ignored by others, but hardly signs of a strong leadership. The rest of the world bar some US states ordered a full lock-down immediately.

5. Lack of PPE and basic equipment for our NHS staff. A truly world-class health service should ALWAYS have this kit, not merely try to source it in times of a crisis.

If this was happening in another part of the world and didn't affect the UK we'd be accusing their government of orchestrated genocide. If the above is remotely true then I can see full-scale riots and national disobedience in the near future.


My own view is that whilst your argument is well made I believe it is incompetence on the part of the Tory Government rather than genocide. Boris the Idiot couldn't organize a tea making rota in a workplace of one, let alone a mass cull of the UK population.


You may well be correct , however the net result is an horrendous and unnecessary loss of life. It’s sobering to go on facepest where there are still numerous posts sycophantically praising Johnson and his tame medical “ herd “ idiot advisers for their catastrophic handling of this crisis. Anyone with half an eye could see where this was going and praise should be preserved for those countries who are handling it properly and our brave health workers forced to work in this self-inflicted viral blitzkrieg. I hope sincerely that their selfless contribution is not soon forgotten.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 4th, 2020, 7:47 am

lowandhard wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I have a nasty feeling that this Government is lying to us, and is in fact pursuing the 'herd mentality' theory (as many people get covid-19 as possible in the hope that most then get immune to getting it again), and doing this by stealth. The evidence which suggests this is happening -

1. Today, Gove claimed there were supply problems obtaining the chemicals needed for the test kits. Today, the UK industry association disputed this, saying they have supplies and could produce more, but haven't been asked to do so.

2. 2 weeks ago, BoJo stated there were enough tests to do 25,000 a day. Currently, they're testing around 8,000 a day. Those being tested seem to be the NHS staff (slowly, long overdue, I agree they must be tested), those in hospital with symptoms (again, I agree this is necessary) plus, it would seem, politicians, VIPs and royalty (can't say I agree they're a higher priority than OAPs living at home with underlying poor health).

3. Ventilators. It's quite clear the EU were happy to include the UK in their bulk-purchase but our esteemed Government decided we'd make our own. Several well-intended companies offering to make them but clearly asked a bit too late as supplies are being outstripped by demand.

4. We've got a partial lock-down, obeyed by some ignored by others, but hardly signs of a strong leadership. The rest of the world bar some US states ordered a full lock-down immediately.

5. Lack of PPE and basic equipment for our NHS staff. A truly world-class health service should ALWAYS have this kit, not merely try to source it in times of a crisis.

If this was happening in another part of the world and didn't affect the UK we'd be accusing their government of orchestrated genocide. If the above is remotely true then I can see full-scale riots and national disobedience in the near future.


My own view is that whilst your argument is well made I believe it is incompetence on the part of the Tory Government rather than genocide. Boris the Idiot couldn't organize a tea making rota in a workplace of one, let alone a mass cull of the UK population.


You may well be correct , however the net result is an horrendous and unnecessary loss of life. It’s sobering to go on facepest where there are still numerous posts sycophantically praising Johnson and his tame medical “ herd “ idiot advisers for their catastrophic handling of this crisis. Anyone with half an eye could see where this was going and praise should be preserved for those countries who are handling it properly and our brave health workers forced to work in this self-inflicted viral blitzkrieg. I hope sincerely that their selfless contribution is not soon forgotten.


Totally agree.

What I would add is that since 1979 the UK has had a fetish about small government and private enterprise. I am not against private enterprise per se but when it comes to health and education I fail utterly to see why. Indeed much of the crisis now is caused by ten years of austerity. And yet in public works it seems a 4,000 bed hospital can be ready in a fortnight.

That said in my view Boris the Idiot should only be tried for gross negligence manslaughter, along with a fair few others. He is an arrogant, pompous, little toad utterly lacking in compassion and devoid of any sense of duty to anything but his own narrow self interest. But as I say not a mass murderer.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby rncfc » April 4th, 2020, 8:53 am

Great news that you're feeling fine and back at work mate. It's stories like this which the public could really do with hearing right now. For every bad case you hear about, how many are there like this? We just don't know because testing is so poor.
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Location

Taunton

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » April 4th, 2020, 8:57 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I have a nasty feeling that this Government is lying to us, and is in fact pursuing the 'herd mentality' theory (as many people get covid-19 as possible in the hope that most then get immune to getting it again), and doing this by stealth. The evidence which suggests this is happening -

1. Today, Gove claimed there were supply problems obtaining the chemicals needed for the test kits. Today, the UK industry association disputed this, saying they have supplies and could produce more, but haven't been asked to do so.

2. 2 weeks ago, BoJo stated there were enough tests to do 25,000 a day. Currently, they're testing around 8,000 a day. Those being tested seem to be the NHS staff (slowly, long overdue, I agree they must be tested), those in hospital with symptoms (again, I agree this is necessary) plus, it would seem, politicians, VIPs and royalty (can't say I agree they're a higher priority than OAPs living at home with underlying poor health).

3. Ventilators. It's quite clear the EU were happy to include the UK in their bulk-purchase but our esteemed Government decided we'd make our own. Several well-intended companies offering to make them but clearly asked a bit too late as supplies are being outstripped by demand.

4. We've got a partial lock-down, obeyed by some ignored by others, but hardly signs of a strong leadership. The rest of the world bar some US states ordered a full lock-down immediately.

5. Lack of PPE and basic equipment for our NHS staff. A truly world-class health service should ALWAYS have this kit, not merely try to source it in times of a crisis.

If this was happening in another part of the world and didn't affect the UK we'd be accusing their government of orchestrated genocide. If the above is remotely true then I can see full-scale riots and national disobedience in the near future.


My own view is that whilst your argument is well made I believe it is incompetence on the part of the Tory Government rather than genocide. Boris the Idiot couldn't organize a tea making rota in a workplace of one, let alone a mass cull of the UK population.


You may well be correct , however the net result is an horrendous and unnecessary loss of life. It’s sobering to go on facepest where there are still numerous posts sycophantically praising Johnson and his tame medical “ herd “ idiot advisers for their catastrophic handling of this crisis. Anyone with half an eye could see where this was going and praise should be preserved for those countries who are handling it properly and our brave health workers forced to work in this self-inflicted viral blitzkrieg. I hope sincerely that their selfless contribution is not soon forgotten.


Totally agree.

What I would add is that since 1979 the UK has had a fetish about small government and private enterprise. I am not against private enterprise per se but when it comes to health and education I fail utterly to see why. Indeed much of the crisis now is caused by ten years of austerity. And yet in public works it seems a 4,000 bed hospital can be ready in a fortnight.

That said in my view Boris the Idiot should only be tried for gross negligence manslaughter, along with a fair few others. He is an arrogant, pompous, little toad utterly lacking in compassion and devoid of any sense of duty to anything but his own narrow self interest. But as I say not a mass murderer.


Ignore the fact that Public Health England and the Welsh Assembly are both being shown, despite very fat salaries for these quangos, to be total incompetents. Also that a pandemic scenario was acted out throughout the NHS about 3 years ago, and apparently no lessons learnt. Germany on the other hand were straight out of the starting blocks as soon as a whiff of this pandemic featured on their radar.
Even now PHE are restricting treatments or testing because they allegedly lack approval. These people couldn’t even run a bath and have no sense of urgency or any value of money.

Im afraid that the NHS will always be in demand for money and resources, my concern is that evidence shows that they can’t even manage efficiently what they have got now. To put matters in context, the current budget of over £140 billion equates to about £2500 for every man, woman and child in this country. This is no reflection on the dedication or hard work being put in by the staff at the coal face, but I’m afraid that these boys and girls are being led by donkeys. When this crisis is over then major reform of the NHS will be required, and that is not privatisation just common sense.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Re: Coronavirus - Elderly should avoid LARGE Crowds

Postby Willthiswork » April 4th, 2020, 3:13 pm

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:

Ignore the fact that Public Health England and the Welsh Assembly are both being shown, despite very fat salaries for these quangos, to be total incompetents. Also that a pandemic scenario was acted out throughout the NHS about 3 years ago, and apparently no lessons learnt. Germany on the other hand were straight out of the starting blocks as soon as a whiff of this pandemic featured on their radar.
Even now PHE are restricting treatments or testing because they allegedly lack approval. These people couldn’t even run a bath and have no sense of urgency or any value of money.

Im afraid that the NHS will always be in demand for money and resources, my concern is that evidence shows that they can’t even manage efficiently what they have got now. To put matters in context, the current budget of over £140 billion equates to about £2500 for every man, woman and child in this country. This is no reflection on the dedication or hard work being put in by the staff at the coal face, but I’m afraid that these boys and girls are being led by donkeys. When this crisis is over then major reform of the NHS will be required, and that is not privatisation just common sense.


Excellent post.

We didn't learn any lessons from the recent exercise, or if we did we didn't implement it.

Whilst there are some pointless roles and the many manager roles in the NHS, then we'll always never be able to afford it properly - let alone spending a fortune just to change a light bulb.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB ®