MF article today the Newport way.

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Re: MF article today the Newport way.

Postby neilcork68 » December 3rd, 2019, 12:50 pm

supporter wrote:rncfc, now that's a sensible post.

Why ?

As I have posted , I was a fan of MY club before MF was even born and will ALWAYS follow them to the day I die.
I wont be at the next away game this weekend due to work commitments but I will be at the next and every other game I can get to. I spend many thousands of me hard earned following the club around the country. If thats not a fan what is ?
My posts are because I am unhappy about the football being served up by the current manager and the team this season , as are many fans. Early results have hidden this.
Last week , yes we missed chances and should have won more easily but lets not hide the fact that we were outplayed by a part time side many leagues below us and IMO it was an embarrassing display. The win papered over the cracks.
I am sorry if it upsets your agenda or even the current manager feelings but IMO thats tough...He gets paid a very good salary for the level he is managing at ( one of the highest in our division I hear rumours of ) and thats the quality of his coaching ???
Yes he has done wonders for the club but he cant keep living on the past and enjoying the plaudits he got with it . He has had a few goes at fans who have 'had a go at him;'recently , the same fans who help pay his wages.....It comes with the job.

I dont care if it upsets a few keyboard warriors or the current manager , I will continue to criticise him and the teams performances if they continue as they are....on this UNOFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD....If he doesnt like the criticism on here then dont read the posts is a bit of advice to MF

Posted 70 miles away from Newport in my van so I couldnt make training today to watch the 'effort' the team put in :wink: :lol:
no avatar
User

ref23

Postby ref23 » December 3rd, 2019, 12:59 pm

Don't sit there calling other people keyboard warriors Mr Cork.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » December 3rd, 2019, 1:01 pm

ref23 wrote:Don't sit there calling other people keyboard warriors Mr Cork.

Its the keyboard warriors who get upset about my posts......Someone tell them they have the option to 'FOE' me or not read them if they upset them so much..

Posted via phone by the way :lol: :wink:
no avatar
User

PerthDave

Postby PerthDave » December 3rd, 2019, 1:16 pm

MF probably is on one of the higher managerial salaries in L2 which is understandable bearing in mind that he has been linked with a few jobs due to what he has achieved with our 'relatively low budget team'.

You could see the frustration of the payers/manager as we missed chance after chance on Friday and our confidence seemed to drain away as the tie went on.IMO a loss could have been disastrous.

Time to take a deep breath - we should now have budget to secure a couple more signings (or so), a couple of league wins and we will be back in the play-offs and we have a fighting chance of advancing in the FAC (especially in Millwall rest a a few).

Yes it's been frustrating and a bit painful over the last few games (Oldham especially for me) but it's way too early and really off the mark to say that MF is living off past glories.

We are in reasonable shape - just need to get some confidence back and hopefully add to the squad over the next few weeks.

rgds Weybridge Dave
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » December 3rd, 2019, 1:32 pm

ref23 wrote:Don't sit there calling other people keyboard warriors Mr Cork.

Hardly.

As the fella states he spends a fortune over the years supporting his club.

Certainly wish he would chip in when times are good though.
User

Bush

Postby Bush » December 3rd, 2019, 1:47 pm

Its 4th division football of course the standard is dreadful! if you are silly enough to spend all that money watching that standard of football thats on you surely.
no avatar
User

ref23

Postby ref23 » December 3rd, 2019, 1:50 pm

Bush wrote:Its 4th division football of course the standard is dreadful! if you are silly enough to spend all that money watching that standard of football thats on you surely.

This with bells on.

It's not as if there's not a choice in the matter. If people think the football is terrible, stay at home and do the garden.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » December 3rd, 2019, 2:14 pm

Bush wrote:Its 4th division football of course the standard is dreadful! if you are silly enough to spend all that money watching that standard of football thats on you surely.

Crewe , Accrington ( last season with a smaller budget than ours ) , Exeter and a few other teams not much larger in size than us play decent enough football.
Not One Dimensional Hoofball....Cross the halfway line , ball goes out of play....LONG THROW , ball goes sideways across the back four , little movement up front , Hoof it long, keepers first though ( obviously playing to instructions ) hoof it long.

Yes I do have the option of not going , as does every fan but a real fan sticks with their team through thick or thin. Supporting Newport County there have been more lows than highs but I feel as though I am a loyal 'proper fan ' who goes when they can , not only when times are good...45 years and counting
450 fans in the Helenic League , 700 in the Conference South , 1200 when all was not well under Butcher or Westley, 100 away fans in the bleak mid winter when its miles away and peeing down....More often than not . I was there or will be there
no avatar
User

ref23

Postby ref23 » December 3rd, 2019, 2:15 pm

neilcork68 wrote:

but a real fan sticks with their team through thick or thin

So stick with them then.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » December 3rd, 2019, 2:18 pm

So stick with them and say nothing when the football served up is dreadful ???????

You may be able to , I certainly wont...

Doesnt mean I wont be at the next game when I can SUPPORTING THE TEAM....will you ?
no avatar
User

ref23

Postby ref23 » December 3rd, 2019, 2:21 pm

neilcork68 wrote:So stick with them and say nothing when the football served up is dreadful ???????

You may be able to , I certainly wont...

Doesnt mean I wont be at the next game when I can SUPPORTING THE TEAM....will you ?

The football has been the same for the past three years, it's only when we lose you moan about it.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » December 3rd, 2019, 2:40 pm

Cannot agree with that, seen some superb football in that time.
Our Cup runs were not hoof ball.
Unfortunately especially away as Supporter has said many times on here.
We played the opposition off the park and still lost.
Seriously when did we hammer somebody in our league.
We do it every year at FGR but apart am struggling.
Do we go back to Franks Hat trick and before McBurnie against Luton.
Football is dire but hopefully can get better under Flynny.
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Postby wattsville_boy » December 3rd, 2019, 3:30 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Cannot agree with that, seen some superb football in that time.

I'll ask you one question. Looking at the squad do we have a better set of players than last or not? If you can answer yes to that question then ask yourself why we are playing worse than last season. If the players are no worse if not better and the training is the same (which it is likely to be as there is the same backroom staff) then what else is there? Tactics?
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » December 3rd, 2019, 3:35 pm

Simple.... Confidence.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » December 3rd, 2019, 4:14 pm

wattsville_boy wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Cannot agree with that, seen some superb football in that time.

I'll ask you one question. Looking at the squad do we have a better set of players than last or not? If you can answer yes to that question then ask yourself why we are playing worse than last season. If the players are no worse if not better and the training is the same (which it is likely to be as there is the same backroom staff) then what else is there? Tactics?

I'll answer one question then.

Think the squad is about the same level, certainly no better.

We are missing Mickey hugely.
Also Franks.

Butler - Haynes level.
Keepers level.

form.

All the following worse than last year so far.

Matt/ Amond/ Labadie / Wilmott.

Improved.

Sheehan by a Country mile

Stood still

Bennett/ Dolan/ OB.

The tactics are clearly hoofball albeit Flynny keeps telling the press "I never told them to play like that", which is a bit daft putting it mildly.

Few comments on here after Oldham

Daftas Absolute Dogshite
Corpa Boy Ditto
Excess Bee Utterly clueless
Ironside One of the most inept performances ever
Up the Port Another Shite game plus absolutely shocking
Low and Hard Total Crap
DT1892 Awful game
Ironsiders first comment on here Utter Dire performance.

Plus loads of others.

Better loans last year by a mile

Semenyo
Regan
Kennedy

Even Bakinson first half
PreviousNext