Re: New signing

Percy plunkett wrote:MF signed them because he wasn't sure if Mickey D would sign,that's what he stated.If so then,either he or our player scouts have made a boo boo.

If that's the case that's terrible management.......As much as I think MD is a great player at our level and think he makes us a better side when he is in it there is no way MF should have let the situation about 'will he sign or wont he' run so long. No player is bigger than the club . And if he signed two players as you state in case he didnt then thats shocking.
Now he has signed them he obviously doesnt rate them as good enough as he has already said , one or both may have to be shipped out on loan to get the new 'experienced man' he was after. Did MF ever see any of them play or was it on advice of others ( Laz was on the advice of N Harris I believe,Millwall manager - I dont believe he ever saw him play ???) or was it through agents ? ( You know , I've got 'x player', 4 other clubs are interested in him so get your offer in as he is mulling over a contract from ' so and so club ' , offer him a deal today and he's yours ???

Got to be honest, I’m surprised we need another CB. We have Lazar (who I saw play in Spain & was impressed with). & to a lesser degree Marvel. Marvel was, I think signed for his potential, but Lazar was 1st team ready. Scotty can play there if needed of course. With the midfield being short due to injuries & the forwards off the pace at the mo, it’s a strange signing. Nothing against the lad of course,

DT1892 wrote:No surprise that the usual suspect have found something to moan about. :roll:

If Flynn wants 7 CB's at the club, then he can have them as far as I'm concerned. He's already said that 1 of the 2 younger ones might go out on loan.
Moan about :roll:
This is a forum
Pathetic first paragraph. :roll:

Not sure why you would sign two players who have "potential" but not play them at this level. If they go out on loan then it'll be lower down the pyramid (which one of them had been playing at). It's not like they are 17 or 18 year olds - they are both in their early 20's. Baffling if you ask me.

I'm not sure what the off field issues are. However, the positive thing is that he has had a few clubs and is now 24 years old. Hardly a kid. Give him a chance, hopefully he will want to prove any doubters wrong. It is not as though as a club we have never used players with a dubious past history is it. Welcome to the club Ryan.

I do not know this as a fact. It is merely something which might be the case.

When films are, or were sold to TV companies the were sold not as individual films but as packages. Thus to buy 'Goodfellas' you also had to buy 'My wife was a lesbian zombie' and 'Stan and George go to Ramsgate'.

Is it possible that agents work on the same basis? You can have Pele but you have to take Clogger Malone and Keepa Dropsy.

To be clear for edjits I do not insinuate this is the case. Hence the question mark.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I do not know this as a fact. It is merely something which might be the case.

When films are, or were sold to TV companies the were sold not as individual films but as packages. Thus to buy 'Goodfellas' you also had to buy 'My wife was a lesbian zombie' and 'Stan and George go to Ramsgate'.

Is it possible that agents work on the same basis? You can have Pele but you have to take Clogger Malone and Keepa Dropsy.

To be clear for edjits I do not insinuate this is the case. Hence the question mark.
I think I get your point Brendan. This guy has the potential, let's see him on the pitch.

I can't comment on Goodfellas, never seen it. However, My wife was a lesbian zombie is a fantastic film. One of my favourites. A true modern classic. :grin:

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I do not know this as a fact. It is merely something which might be the case.

I think I get your point Brendan. This guy has the potential, let's see him on the pitch.

I can't comment on Goodfellas, never seen it. However, My wife was a lesbian zombie is a fantastic film. One of my favourites. A true modern classic. :grin:
One of mine too. If you get the chance try and catch Stan and George go to Ramsgate. A quirky modern day classic. About Stan a really class guy who picks up a hitchhiker on his way down to the Kent coast. Bit of a plot spoiler on it's way.

George is a mean and bitter person who blames everyone else but fails to see his own short comings. Through a series of incidents Stan teaches George that the reason he has so much and George has so little is because the universe gives back what you give. In the final scene the hitherto embittered George helps an old lady across the High Street in Ramsgate. As he turns to walk away he notices a twenty pound note on the floor.

It had me in tears it really did.

Goodfellas is crap I shouldn't bother.

Actually I lie it's probably the best gangster film ever made.