Re: Players leaving

Yes, I agree that we are likely to be entering a period of significant change; possibly including the management team. But that's the nature of professional football. No team lasts indefinitely. There could be a lot of work for the board to do over the summer.

Snowman wrote:Unfortunately we are going to loose a few now. What a shame. This was a very good team and I think we would of kept a few of them if we had won promotion

Looks like Peterborough want Butler
https://the72.co.uk/132249/peterborough ... -defender/

I think others will leave too. Some of the players will deservedly get good offers from bigger clubs and probably in League 1 or even the championship

I think we are in for a spell of rebuilding
"Peterborough United are plotting to sign Newport County’s Dan Butler according to a report from the Football Insider."

I was in Wembley today, I'm just as entitled to call myself a football insider as this pointless, unsubstantiated load of shit.

markvickery wrote:We have been successful so its inevitable some may choose to leave but with the right additions we can improve. That is what Flynny has tried to do with every signing. The loan market will still be important though - can't stress that enough.

We won't replace Joe or Butler with better on FT's though, Mickey maybe. If we lose all three we won't be building we'll be trying to not go backwards.

If there was one thing that was glaringly obvious today in terms of what our squad needs it's some extra quality outside of the starting 11, all of the subs who came on were dreadful.

That's where we need to strengthen. I fear we'll end up having to replace the ones who leave instead.

Butler to Luton I've heard.

I thought Flynn brought the wrong players on yesterday. McKirdy should have been one of the substitutes - as for KMB - his daliance on the ball almost led to a goal at the other end. Dolan hasn't got the legs for Wembley even though he came on in extra time. Bakinson was naive in the corner for Tranmere to get the cross in which led to the goal. As for Poole - he should have picked Jennings up but he was one of County's best players up to that point. Azeez - still trying to work out what he offers other the the possibility of winning a penalty if we are lucky.

We need a fit, imposing midfielder. Cisse from MK Dons, who has been released would be one I would look at getting in. Without Labadie in the middle we look lightweight and cumbersome which I have said all season. We fought hard yesterday - it was such a tough result to take, but credit to Tranmere they shut County down very, very well. Its been a fantastic season and a trip to Wembley is always a bonus but we have struggled against the top teams in this division which shows that yesterday was an overacheivement considering the progress that the club is making.

When I left the stadium yesterday all I could think about is whether we keep key players and, more importantly, the management.

Baladabadi wrote:We could end up with a totally new back 5 next season.
Yes, a big worry after their performances especially in the latter part of the season. Our awful goal difference overall I believe to have been due to a poor or absent midfield for most of the season. Who wants to live in interesting times eh? :roll:

According to the Argus on 26th April -

Goalkeeper Joe Day, defenders Dan Butler, Mickey Demetriou, Mark O’Brien and Tyler Forbes, midfielders Joss Labadie, Andrew Crofts, Matty Dolan, Josh Sheehan and Will Randall, and young striker Momodou Touray are all out of contract this summer.

I believe Touray has been given a contract in the meantime.